Sunday, April 20, 2014

Palm Sunday

There were kids selling palm fronds streets when all the students went to the church where it commemorated where Christ entered the old city on his donkey and all the people around him had palm fronds in celebration and out of respect. It was so fun to be with thousands of Christians there. I actually feel at home when I meet a Christian, like when you travel outside the U.S. and you meet someone from the states, its like you have some sort of connection. Haha… Anyways, we started out at the church after they read the scripture of Christ’s entrance from the Bible in like 3 or 4 different languages.

We walked in the crowd, while each faith sung and rejoiced. It was so fun to start singing along to the hymns that I’ve never heard before for other faiths and we also sang along with the Christian pop. Each religion tried to sing as loud as they could, trying to out sing each other (some even brought a microphone and speakers). At one point, my friend and I got pulled aside and got interviewed by Fox News. I carried a tall palm frond and waved it the whole 3 hours that we walked from the church on the Mt. of Olives to the Pool of Bethsaida, just inside the Old City walls. It was so fun and such a great experience to sing in unity with all these faiths. I loved it!











No comments:

Post a Comment